It’s always nice to be told people like what you’re doing. And to be told it’s inspirational is, well… Wow!
Naturally then, I was extremely surprised, grateful and humbled to be nominated for the a Very Inspirational Blogger Award by Ruchi. What a fantastic way to start the New Year!
Ruchi as a wonderful blog of her own, called Come Travel Along. It’s full of great photos, particularly of the US Pacific Northwest, where she lives these days.
The rules for receiving a Very Inspirational Blogger Award are simple:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
So that’s #1 and #2 covered. Now for seven random facts about myself:
* I know I’ve said this before, but I’m the star of Jaspa’s Journey, a series of travel-based adventure novels enjoyed by all ages, which is to say both children and adults. (Drop me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for a free download of the first book.)
* I’ve already been to all 50 US states, and if things go to plan, I hope to check off my 50th country this year.
* I do all I can to help protect the environment, but I also love Formula 1 motor racing.
* My favourite city (so far) is Venice, which I visited for the fourth time last summer.
* I’m not very good with heights, but I love flying.
* …And ziplining!
* The way my travel bucket list is growing, I Think I Need A Bigger Bucket!
Which just leaves my nominations. There are several blogs out there that post weekly photography challenges, and I use these to help me decide what to write about on any given day. In fact, I often time my own posts to coincide with the days these challenges come out.
Many of my posts conclude with a phrase like “This post was inspired by…” So it’s not just lip service when I say the following blogs really do inspire me on a weekly basis (which is why I’ve only listed seven). Check them out and join in the fun!
Where’s My Backpack? – a great travel blog by Ailsa, who publishes a travel-themed photo challenge every Friday.
The Daily Post’s Photo Challenges – another Friday offering, which I often try to combine with Ailsa’s.
A Word in Your Ear – Sue intersperses her travel posts with her A Word A Week Photograph Challenge.
Jennifer Nichole Wells – Like Cee and Nancy, Jennifer’s blog is focused on her photography. Each Tuesday she hosts her One Word Photo Challenge, which currently focuses on a different obscure colour each week.
If you share some or all of my interests – and especially if you’re a fellow photo challenge junkie – why not sign up and follow my continuing Journeys here at Jaspa’s Journal (on WordPress or Bloglovin’), or through my website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr?
And if that’s not enough for you, there are now three Jaspa’s Journey novels to enjoy as ebooks! Perfect for Kids 8 – 80!